Monday, January 25, 2010

Writing in a Trance

When my head is clear and my brain is calm I can write so much better than when I feel as though I'm forcing every word. My best writing comes when I don't look at the screen, and sometimes not even at the keyboard, but just type what comes into my head. If I do this, it is as though there is flow to what I'm writing and I barely have to think about what is coming, especially when I am trying to create a narrative.

Tonight I revised a proposal for a conference presentation in Claremont, CA in May. Mormon Scholars in the Humanities is having their annual conference and the theme this year is the family and human relationships. So I took a piece of my dissertation writing and proposed an idea, including some of my art work. We'll see what they think!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! You'll enjoy making your presentation (I am assuming you'll be selected). I actually presented once at a national conference--National council on Family Relations, I think--very rewarding. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't wait to see how that turns out!
    Oh- and this is Little Ernie's second time with strep this month. I'm disinfecting everything and replacing all the toothbrushes. I really hope no one else gets it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the writing comment. That's exactly how I am. Also, that would be really cool if you got to go to Claremont. It's a really pretty town, very close to Glendora.

    ReplyDelete