Friday, January 15, 2010

Benign

I briefly mentioned that John was in the hospital earlier this week. The short, sanitized version is he had a tumor removed which we found out today was benign, though I'm not sure how any tumor could be called benign since benign means kind or gracious, and this was anything but kind and gracious. With much drama this benign tumor manifested itself causing both John and me some stress and consternation sending him immediately to the hospital last Sunday afternoon. When all was said and done and the surgery was complete, John came home yesterday finally to rest and recuperate. When I walked in the door and he was waiting for me, I finally could let go of the adrenalin that had kept me moving all week between home, school, and the hospital and just collapse. Consequently, no blog yesterday.

Today, after sleeping for ten hours last night and having a very benign day at work, I came home to hear that the doctor had called to announce the benigness of the tumor. So I can blog again. One thing I have learned over the years about myself: if I am worried or upset about something, I tend to worry and be upset alone...alone because no one else knows how I feel because I want to process all the information in my head before I share it. So I'm done with processing and ready for a kind, gracious, benign three-day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So glad the tumor was "kind and gracious" and not "malevolent and pernicious"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom- it is a relief that the growth was benign. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the tumor was benign as well.

    Hang in there, sounds like you've been through some difficult days-- continue to stay close to the Lord, I know he'll support you, and help you stay strong.

    ReplyDelete