Monday, January 11, 2010

Should I Blog?

Two of my daughters have decided to keep a daily blog. They have titled theirs "Brilliant in the Basics" and "More Like the Basics". But really, my life is mostly defined as "Nothing But the Basics". I love the phrase "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." I don't own fancy things: I drive a Toyota Corolla, wear Birkenstocks because they are so comfortable, build, sew, or paint what I need and I truly enjoy that sense of satisfaction. Except for one Stickley sofa, every piece of furniture at my house was either given to me, or bought at a garage sale or Good Will and then refinished.

I've taught middle school for 15 years now; elementary and preschool before that. Nothing gets more basic than teaching! It's all about the basic principles of high expectations, respect, and professionalism. Life-long learning is my passion! Teaching is the great impetus for that.

If I take the time to blog, will I keep working on my dissertation? I am pondering that question. Maybe they will intertwine.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! I'm going to add your blog to my page:) Yay! Also, I've found that it's a little easier to blog in Microsoft Live Writer and then upload, rather than blog straight from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do that? I haven't figured out how to upload pictures either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this brings me back...it's a little overwhelming trying to figure everything out, but once you have it down it's pretty simple. good luck!

    ReplyDelete