Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Hair

I love going to the salon. The two stylists that work there are both very talented; the salon itself is in an old building in Olde Town which gives it character; and the clients are always interesting to listen to. Tonight the orthopedic surgeon who has often been there at the same time I am. was there again getting his hair cut. He talked about getting a stationary bicycle for his office so he could take 2-3 minutes every few hours to ride...nothing too strenuous, just a little exercise, but not to work up a sweat. He's about my age - mature enough to appreciate moderation in all things! Then there was the woman who had never been to this salon before. She walked out visibly pleased with the results.

Meghan is my stylist. She discussed the new tattoo she wanted to get - a star of David. She's not Jewish. She's married with three kids. The conversation then moved to all the foods she did not like to eat because of taste and especially texture. Her New Year's resolution is to try some new food, but she's not sure what that will be. Amy, the other stylist is trying to decide on new paint colors for the salon. So she and I looked at paint chips - Benjamin Moore, which are my favorite paints - will be interesting to see what she chooses.

I came home with a trim and new highlights and lowlights, totally relaxed, and ready to tackle my life again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my hair, glad you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the paint chips for the salon! I love Benjamin Moore.

    ReplyDelete