Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mish-mash; Hodge-podge

It is no surprise to anyone that I always have multiple projects going on at the same time. I am currently: teaching full time; writing my dissertation; teaching Primary (7 year olds at church, like Sunday School); choir director at church; an officer in the Democratic Party; slowly redecorating my bedroom; thinking about trying to organize the guest room that has now become a storage room; helping Bradley get ready to leave home for two years to serve a mission in Ogden, Utah; and miscellaneous other things. So-o-o I worked quite a bit on my dissertation outline today. Guess what? It mirrors my life. There is a common thread, mental illness, which weaves through five other distinct topics: psychoanalysis, phenomenology, disability studies, narrative inquiry and aesthetic inquiry, any of which could be an entire dissertation on its own. But now I know how to explain the rationale for my hodge-podge of a paper: it's a mish-mash of my life! (Plus, I think I have found a way to include some of my paintings in my work.)

Note the newly posted photo of the completed bookcases, a testament that I do eventually finish what I start. They only took a year and a half.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me to greater heights--LESS VIDEO GAMES--MORE USEFUL PROJECTS!!

    ReplyDelete