Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New idea for my research.

While spending the day at the hospital with John (another story for another time) I read about art-based educational research. It's sort of avant-garde stuff, still finding its way into mainstream doctoral research, but I thought it was great. The gist is that the researcher uses forms of art: visual, poetic, dramatic, literature, dance, etc. to give another perspective, another dimension, another window from which to view the written research. So I spent part of the time sketching what seems to me to be the essence of my personal narrative which forms the foundation of my research. I will muse on it for awhile, but perhaps I'll try to paint these impressions and include them with my written work. I would like that, and I know that my dissertation committee is in to the aesthetic aspects also. Hm-m-m. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment