Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow in the South - Seventh graders in Heaven

What a beautiful day! The snow started about 1:30 this afternoon. By 2:00, when we finished lunch it was falling pretty heavily, so when we got back to the classroom, I turned the lights out and we just watched the snow fall! They were so cute - 1. They really appreciated that I let them just chill and watch the snow. 2. They were excited because it was snowing! 3. It was a nice way to end the week. I let my next class, which is the last class of the day, do the same thing. This is my rowdy class, so I shared my valentine M&M's with them while we watched the snow. They were especially cute - they loved the M&M's - I made them read them before they could eat them. "Doreen I love u." John gave them to me for Valentine's Day - he ordered them on the internet! So when I told them that my husband had given them to me, even the boys little faces softened and they smiled! It was so sweet and absolutely made my day! Walking out to the car in the snow reminded me of college at BYU - probably the last time I've actually walked while it was snowing significantly. The drive home was slow, but absolutely gorgeous. What a nice way to start the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Tell John he's my hero--wish I'd thought of M&Ms with Melba's name--classic!

    ReplyDelete