Friday, February 19, 2010

Mother/Son Date Night

I wanted to write about school today, but I didn't want to combine it with my date with Bradley tonight, so I'm writing a second post. John took him to lunch earlier this week, and yesterday they drove 190 miles to the Columbia, SC temple and back, so I claimed tonight as my night to spend with my youngest son. We had such a nice time. We ate dinner at Olive Garden, his choice, and I enjoyed the conversation and the food. He still needed two pairs of slacks, so we went to Kohl's and found some that fit nicely and fit the bill (conservative, washable, dryable, etc.) We also got to Sam's to buy supplies for the open house and then we went to Publix to order the fruit tray. While much of the evening was spent doing ordinary things, it was nice to spend the time doing it with Bradley.

We reminisced some - but mostly I felt confident that he has grown and matured emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually and I know he will work hard on his mission. I will miss him, but I wouldn't want him doing anything else at this time in his life. So I won't miss him, because he is where he is supposed to be. But I will miss him because he lights up the room when he comes in. But I won't miss him because I am content with his choice. You get the picture!

1 comment:

  1. What a joy for you and John that Bradley can now serve a mission. I am very happy for you and for him--wish we could be there for the open house.

    ReplyDelete