Saturday, March 20, 2010

Two Days of Writing

I took Friday off to work on the revision of my preprospectus, giving me all day Friday and most of today to work. It was worth taking the time - I feel much calmer, and I think I made some good progress on it. Being home Friday also gave me time to talk to Mom in the hospital in California and Arla in the hospital in Texas.

John and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves tonight at the annual NAACP dinner - a fundraiser for scholarships. The keynote speaker was a woman who anchors a CBS Atlanta early morning news show - she was outstanding! I was surprised at how many people I knew there, including many of the local and state elected officials. As a sidenote - I realized at 2:30 this afternoon, I had absolutely nothing to wear, literally (my clothes have all shrunk). I ran out at 3:30, found a couple of different outfits, bought them, brought them home, cut John's hair, took a shower, dressed in the $25.00 outfit added a scarf and jewelry and we got there on time! I'll return the $100 outfit that didn't look as nice! Yea! I love it when everything works perfectly! Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

1 comment:

  1. How you manage to do so much is beyond me!! You definitely do some heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete